Required reading for Joyful Birth! students
- Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering – Sarah Buckley, MD
- Creating Your Birth Plan – Marsden Wagner, MD, MS OR The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth – Henci Goer
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, 5th ed. – La Leche League
- Guide to Pregnancy and Birth (Student Workbook) – you will receive this at Class One.
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth – Ina May Gaskin
- Becoming Us – 8 Steps to Grow a Family That Thrives – Elly Taylor
- The Birth Book – Dr. William Sears and Martha Sears, RN
- Mind Over Labor – Carl Jones
- Birthing From Within – Pam England, CNM, MA and Rob Horowitz, PhD
- Gentle Birth Choices – Barbara Harper, RN
- The Birth Partner – Penny Simpkin, PT
Many of these books are also available in our local library systems and all are available online at sites such as Amazon. They are also available in my class lending library, along with many other books, magazines and videos. There are many excellent books on childbirth available; I have listed a few important and very helpful ones here.